Featured Not resolved

My home was completely destroyed in Hurricane Harvey, as you can see by the photo.I have applied for funds through the American Red Cross, and have been denied, both by completing online form and form in person.

This is totally outrageous. I will shout this to the world, and make sure the world knows that the American Red Cross is NOT worthy of any donations. There are so many more people in this community that have been DENIED with no reason given.

If TOTAL DESTRUCTION of your home doesn't qualify you for funds, just what the *** DOES???Sincerely, Holly Kuhne, Port Aransas, TX 78373 kraftiholly@msn.com

Review about: American Red Cross Disaster Assistance.

Reason of review: denial of funds.

I didn't like: Poor disaster response.

Had an Experience with American Red Cross?

Comments

Lot's of people in the Houston area were approved for Red Cross if they answered the questions correctly, not HONESTLY.I agree with Stacy C.

, dozens of people I know who had no property damage or flooding were approved and received funds quickly. Same with FEMA, immediate assistance funds for people with no property damage received funds quickly. People with real property damages had to wait for inspectors, I waited a little over a month while others who were less than honest about their situation got funds quickly. It makes no sense.

If you have insurance and had enough damages past your deductible you may be ok. But possibly getting in a bind coming out of pocket with money for clean up, supplies, etc..

especially if your under insured, as many were because flood wasn't required in so many areas and homeowners or windstorm do not pay for standing water.The system is very flawed.

The Red Cross runs on donations.Do you believe you are the only victim of the hurricane?

There aren't unlimited funds.

They help who they can, but it is never enough for everyone.Be thankful you are alive.

h.kitchener

Your homeowner's insurance will cover your losses, assuming you have it. Not sure why you would want The Red Cross to cover your expenses, but some people seem to think they "deserve" someone else to pay for their things. Contact your insurance rep.

to h.kitchener #1377632

When people are devastated the last thing they need is some negative individual who has their whole life together to come judge them.You don't know that she wanted her house paid for.

Maybe she needed to fill the gap where insurance didn't pick it up. Maybe she's sick and can't work.

Maybe like me she knows a bunch of people who got two inches of rain I.Their yard and no damage and still collected the $400 they were giving out online.